You will receive an email with a link to download the map after the PayPal transaction completes which usually takes about a minute. The link can be used to download the current version of the map until your subscription expires.
The map can be used beyond the subscription period but it will be out of date. For personal use, you may install the map on any iPhone or iPad device that you own.
Use the map on your iPhone or iPad
- No Internet connection is required.
- Covers: Fresno, Imperial, Inyo, Kern, Los Angeles,
Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino,
San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Tulare and Ventura counties.
- 3 GB required for Transparent map.
- 3.5 GB required for Land Boundary map.
- 4 GB required for California Topo map (lower
resolution, all southern California).
- Up to 4 GB required for each County Topo map (high
- Can be used with any app that supports MBTiles offline maps.
- Transparent map can be overlaid onto satellite imagery using MBTiles GPS
- Same format as Android map.
- Multiple app options.
- Map is installed using iTunes on a Mac or PC.
- Lower Resolution.
- The last zoom level is omitted. Details in the omitted level include 25' topo increments
and smaller indicators such as bathrooms and parking areas.
- One 4 GB file covers southern California(10 counties).
- One 2 GB file covers central California(3 counties).
- One 1.2 GB file covers southern Nevada(3 counties).
- High resolution.
- Ten files total.
- Fresno & Tulare are combined
- San Diego & Imperial are combined.
- Los Angeles & Ventura
- Santa Barbara and SLO are combined.
- San Bernardino requires two 4 GB files.
- File sizes range from 2 GB to 4 GB.
- If multiple maps are installed, auto loading maps should be disabled to avoid unpredictable
iTunes - Select Device Steps
iTunes - File Sharing Steps
- Download the CaliforniaTrailMap.MBTiles file onto your Mac or PC.
- Install App of Choice using iTunes.
- Open iTunes.
- Select your device.
- Select Apps.
- Scroll down to File Sharing using the right most scroll bar.
- Select <App of Choice> in the Apps list.
- Add File... or drag the CaliforniaTrailMap.MBTiles
file into the Galileo Documents shared folder.
- Disconnect your device after the sync completes.
- Start the application on your device and California Trail Map as the active map.
Any app that supports MBTiles offline maps a can be used.
- Go to Settings > Paid Features and purchase Galileo Offline Maps Import for $2.
- Compatible with all iPads, iPhone 3GS or later, and iPod Touch 3rd generation or
- For more information, see the Galileo Offline Map Help
- Can overlay a the map onto satellite imagery.
- Cost is $1.
- Large File Support must be purchased for $1.
- Advertisements can be removed for $4.
Use the map on Linux, Mac or Windows
The map is provided in the popular MBTiles format which can be viewed on a Linux, Mac or Windows computer using:
Search feature does not work with offline maps.
WiFi only iPads are dependent on WiFi signals to determine location. The map will
work without a WiFi signal but the application will not be able to determine your
location. All 3G and 4G cellular devices include a GPS receiver that can determine
location without a WiFi or cellular signal.